Surprise Mum on Mother’s Day!
Makes: 6 nests
- 300g potato
- Canola oil spray
- ⅓ cup parmesan
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 50g cooked and diced bacon
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced.
- Grease a 6 hole muffin pan (⅓ cup capacity).
- Grate potato, then rinse in cold water. Keep rinsing until water runs clear. Squeeze out excess moisture in a paper towel.
- Combine potato and parmesan in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide potato mixture evenly among holes of prepared pan. Press mixture evenly over base and up the sides of the muffin hole.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until potato is golden.
- Sprinkle ½ of the bacon and ½ the chives over the base of each case.
- Crack 1 egg into each hole.
- Sprinkle with remaining bacon and chives.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until egg is just set and yolk is golden.
- Stand in pans for 5 minutes. Carefully transfer to a baking paper-lined wire rack to cool. Serve warm or cold.